Since I’m one of the *many* people who love watching makeup tutorials on YouTube, I wanted a ring light just like some of the YouTubers have. And let me tell you, these things are expensive. Even this *super small* desktop ring light cost a lot.
But I decided to just buy myself one since I want to start improving my makeup skills and when I one day feel I am good enough, I’ll have a decent light when making a video or two.
The Vlogging LED Ring Light & Tripod
I was browsing Takealot, since this is usually my go-to place for little gadgets like these, and this is where I stumbled upon the desktop Vlogging LED Ring Light & Tripod by We Love Gadgets.
On the website, I could see the ring light was small, but when I received it, it was even smaller than I expected.
This is what it looks like below. When sitting in front of it, with it on my desk, it probably reached my nose.
- Dimensions: outer diameter 160mm. inner diameter 110mm
Tripod (when folder)
- Height: 17.1 cm (6.96 inch)
- Width: 5 cm (1.96 inch)
Tripod (when expanded)
- Height: 20 cm (7.87 inch)
- Width: 17.5 cm (6.88 inch)
What Comes With the Ring Light
- 1 x LED ring video lights
- 1 x Cold shoe tripod ball head
- 1 x Desktop tripod holder
- 1 x 3/8 inch thread to 1/4 inch screw adapter
- Number of beads: 72pcs
- Lamp bead model: 2835
- Lamp brightness: 24-26lm
- White light color temperature: 6500K
- Warm white color temperature: 3200K
- Power: 7-14W
- Voltage: 5V
- Indicates: Ra>90
- Dimming range: 1%-100%
- Power supply: USB port power supply
- Cable length: 2m
I’m actually loving the cute packaging. It looks very simple and clean.
The ring light and tripod came folded up inside a little brown, square box, as you can see below.
How the Lights Look
When I was testing out the light in my home office, it didn’t look very bright. But that’s on me since I was the dummy who tried to test the light in a well lit room LOL
Below, I tested it in my room where it was much darker.
How to Control the Light Settings
The ring light includes this small little “remote” with four settings on it.
- Starting at the top, the + button increases the brightness
- The little arrows switch to the available lights (there are three)
- The – obviously dims the light
- And lastly, the button at the bottom switched the light on and off.
As you can see, the cable has a USB port. You can plug it into your laptop or PC but I just used mine with my phone charger.
Different Light Settings Available
Below are the three light settings:
- White Light
- Soft Light
- Warm Light
I personally like the white light setting.
How I Look with the Different Light Settings
Soft Light (Blue)
Warm Light (Orange)
How Far Do I Have to Sit From the Light
Luckily I don’t have to sit right in front of the light. I’m about 30 cm away from the light.